The State Tourism Development Agency has set up an official tourist information hotline 1188 to heighten convenience and comfort for visitors while in Latvia, offering support, advice and trouble-shooting 24h in the English, German, Russian and Latvian languages.
• Informative support in emergency situations (for example, theft, scams, rip-offs, consular matters, medical assistance, highway mishaps);
• Complaints and suggestions;
• Information on transportation (routes, times, fare prices, methods of payment, trains, buses, taxi cabs, air travel, public transportation, e-tickets, etc.);
• Assistance in locating places and sites by map;
• Translation help in problem situations (in Latvian, Russian, English and German);
• Direct phone connections;
• Events calendar (movies, concerts, opera, exhibitions, sports, etc.);
• Q&A on businesses and services, contacts;
• Basic tourist information via text message;
• Ticket reservation; direct lines to box offices;
• Detailed information via text message or “Wap Push” (movie schedule, brief instructions, guides, links to Websites, etc.).
Tourist Hotline 1188 provisions:
• This service is accessible to all phone network clients/subscribers in Latvian territory and non-resident subscribers, by calling: 1188;
Outside Latvia, the service can be accessed by phoning: 371 6700 1188
• Available 24 hours a day;
• Offered in Latvian, Russian, English and German;
• Toll per call set according to each phone company’s fees;
• Mobile phone guest subscribers, entering Latvia, will receive a message with information about the service;
• Tourists can also send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
, informing about their trip to Latvia, and submitting complaints or suggestions.